Friday, September 25, 2015

JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER


I had to develop this post based on a previous one. I was speaking with a close friend of mine, and she said there are alot of women out there that would take the opportunity to get to know the man collecting carts at Wal-mart. Then I asked, "how would you go about that?" For one, the setting is not right; more than likely he will not be dressed in his best attire.

Someone said, the cart collector does not want to be anything but that. Do you really think an adult male sees himself retiring from Wal-mart as the shopping cart guy?  The fact of the matter is, there's alot of good men being passed by based on perception.  This man may have been a college graduate business owner,  an executive for a large corporation, or he may be the hardest working man you'll ever meet and working one of three jobs. How about this, a GOOD man that is just down on his luck.  NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER! Open it up and read the pages.

Its time our women step up and get back to basics, tradition and the old values. Stop letting society tell you what is "fly".  Real Housewives, Basketball wives and the other reality shows is not OUR reality. That's why you are so fascinated with such programming. Did you get that? "Programming".  You are programmed to want what you see or similar.  All i'm saying is, once you take the blinders off you will begin to see the "whole' picture.

In 1922 President Truman was 38, In debt and jobless. In 1945 he was the most powerful man in the free world. You'll never look at a trip to Wal-mart the same again. LOL. Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I am really loving this post. Yes I agree never judge a book by it's cover you may be suprised and even disappointed. Everything that looks good is NOT, and everything that looks bad is NOT! So be true to yourself and look beyond the surface... you never know that book you may not have read...Could very well be the solution to it all! I'm blessed and Highly favor but who's to say my "cover" says so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I find these post and comments to be very insightful. Thank you. I will definitely share this site with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good observation. I met my husband of 18 years while he was working at a hospital in the housekeeping dept, pushing a cart, cleaning rooms and mopping floors. He has given me 2 wonderful children, and many great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^^^Anon may I ask how it happened?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at the hospital visiting my aunt, I notice this gentleman pushing his cart with the most beautiful smile, he spoke and made a polite gesture. On my next visit we spoke briefly and found we had alot of the same interests, exchanged numbers, and my life would never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See it does happen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, the book must peak your interest. Second, you must be willing to take the time to sit back, read, absorb, and understand the message in the words . There could be a great mystery buried deep down in between the pages. Sometimes you may have to read it several times before you really see or know what you have stumbled upon. Third, we must not be afraid to open up an explore even if it "APPEARS" to be boring, because there could be a hidden treasure waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To the author: I agree, back to basics. Brothers learn a lesson from this one, too. Your soulmate may not come in stripper packaging with an 'inflato-ass' and a weave in the middle of her back.

    ReplyDelete