Tuesday, February 26, 2019

MAKING A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP WORK!!!


Relationships are far from easy. Long distance relationships are even harder, takes more out of both you. Rather than give up what could be a great opportunity because of distance, here are ways to keep an LDR strong.

You should ALWAYS be on the same page. The relationship is bound to fail if the two of you want different things. Come up with a plan of what you need from one another and decide the best way to go about being there for each other.

Make your presence obvious. Small surprises are a simple way to bring a smile, no matter how many miles apart you are. A card, a small gift or maybe flowers and candy, as if you were in each other's presence.

Reach out to their friends. The last thing you want is to be known as "the person that lives 1,000 miles away, that keeps their friend from having any fun." Get to know who is special in their lives other than relatives. Make the friends look forward to your visits also. It’ll make your mate feel luckier to have you around when friends approve of you. 

Give each other small memories: Maybe give her a t-shirt with her favorite cologne on it to wear to bed or keep a photo or two of him on your cell. If you care about each other enough, a small reminder will be enough to keep you wanting more and working towards the two of you.

Let’s Text About Sex, Baby...Need I say more?

Schedule dates: It’s still possible to do things together despite the oceans and states between you. See when movies are playing that you would normally watch together. Schedule when to watch it at the same time. You will feel closer and you’ll have something to talk about after.

Video chat. Seeing each other is a big part of dating. Take pictures and send them to each other. You see a motorcycle on the street you know he wants. Picture message it and tell him you can’t wait to "ride it,"  oops! I mean to ride on it with him. It’s important to remind each other that you’re thinking about one another. 

Enforce healthy lifestyles for each other: It’s hard to impact each other’s daily actions when you're not near. Set up competitions: Who can walk or run the most miles a week? Who can eat a healthier lunch? It’s important to still have a positive impact on your partner no matter how far away they are.

Make your time together worth it: If you trust each other enough, you will feel nothing but excitement on that plane ride to see one another. NEVER hide your feelings and make sure you talk everything through in a "civil" manner so that when you see each other, you have nothing but butterflies- the good kind.

The most important way to have a successful LDR is to have faith and hope in your relationship and in each other. It is not easy, but put your strength together and you can definitely make it.

20 comments:

  1. Wow....is all I can say great insight to having successful long distance relationships. Excitement is the key, an expectation only enhances the reuinion. I do believe that being spontaneous is can also make the heart grow fonder. Who would have thought of challenges to feel closer... Great blog and I am definitely taking notes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed...Keeping the excitement and anticipation level high is definitely important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of the date night. Bomb idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never do the long distance thing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat: It is a new experiencce for those that have never done it before. It allows you in my opinion to learn things about each other on a different level. Only the mature minded and strong at heart can endure a long distance relationship. The fear of the unknown is what ends most long distance relationships. Love can be a wonerful thing even through a long distance relationship. I have me many successful couples that have journied this road and they r best friends because of it. It is not for everyone but it can be a rewarding experience especially if you end up with the man or woman of your dreams....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is more of the absence factor is the reason why most do not work. Me personally i'm a hands on type of guy. I want to touch and hold my woman at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat I'm speaking in the sense of temporary absense she will return to you soon sometimes distance happens... Do u give up on the one you love or the possibility of love because she can't be there everyday or do u keep faith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything worth having in life is worth working for. Distance definately makes the heart grow fonder. I have a wonderful friend that lives in another state and just the phone conversations and the texting builds the anticipation of whats next. Distance allows you to appreciate your partner and value any time that you spend together. Eventually if the relationship is GOD givin' then distance will eventually be a issue of the past. Thanks for the blog...I intend to use some of these tools in my current situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Total package: I agree with you 100% distance and anticipation does make the heart grow fonder! I must say that if you can talk on the phone, text or skype someone for hours then you are mentally stimulated by that person and the physical in my opinion is just a bonus. I personally find and intelligient conversation to be a turn on. A long distatnce relationship is hard but the excitement only builds as the time comes to a close and you are able to be with the voice on the other end. Last, if it is God sent you are right distance will be temporary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe that whatever will be will be anyway. So if it is meant to be, than so it will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing. It kind of feels that you'rе
    doing any uniquе trick. In adԁition, Τhe contents aгe
    mastеrwork. you've done a excellent process in this matter!

    my blog; long distance relationships

    ReplyDelete
  12. I rеally like it ωhen people соme
    togetheг and shаre ideas. Greаt blοg, keeρ it up!


    my ωeb-sitе; http://www.inalongdistancerelationship.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I сοuld have sworn I've visited this website before but after browsing through many of the articles I realized it'ѕ
    new to mе. Nonethelеѕs, I'm certainly happy I found it and I'll be bookmаrκing it and cheсking back often!


    Mу web blog :: wso downloads

    ReplyDelete
  14. All thanks to this great man called Dr Agbazara the great spell caster that bring back the joy in me by helping me to bring back my lover who break up with me Four months ago but now with me with the help of Dr Agbazara the great love spell caster. All thanks goes to him you can also contact him for help if you need him in times of troubles via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) you can also WhatsApp: ( +2348104102662 )



























    ReplyDelete